Host Blogs :: INTERNET MARKETING OBJECTIVES
Website marketing has turned into a big
business and many marketing firms are raking in billions of revenue annually. There have been statistics indicating online advertising has brought more revenue than television marketing. This is an indicator of how marketing has revolutionized and many businesses are taking advantage of this new opportunity. As a business owner, there is no better way to get your business out there and attract new customers while retaining existing ones. With this new marketing trend, there is every opportunity to increase market presence.
The article (courtesy of http://www.learnmarketing.net/internemarketingandobjectives.htm) gives insights on how you can use website marketing to benefit your business.
Every business needs to have objectives which should be SMART. Whether you are an online business or a combined clicks and mortar business, you need to have targets to aim for.
Objects of An online Business (clicks business)
- To inform users of your web presence and the benefit your website offers over its competitors.
- To persuade users to use the services of the firm. This could be done by offering a discount for a limited time.
- To make sure the business is listed in all the most popular search engines and directories.
- Keep customers updated of any new products or changes to business services.
- Make sure that customer have a pleasant website experience by continuously improving the navigation of the site.
- To aim for sales of x amount and net profit of x amount in a given period.
Objectives of A Clicks and Mortar Business
If a business has a clicks and mortar strategy their objective maybe:
- To reduce costs by moving some of their operations online.
- To integrate online and offline strategies to maintain and improve relationships with customers. This could be by offering reserve online and pick up in store strategies like some retailers do.
- The company’s strategy should support the overall marketing objectives of the firm this maybe to increase overall market share or profit.
- To promote both online and offline activities.